Librarian: ASHIM KUMAR PAUL
M.Com, M. LISc., Hindi (Diploma), CITA, CFAS
( +91 98747 24178
Full Profile is here
SUSHIL KAR COLLEGE LIBRARY
Estd. in 1968
Govt. Aided College, Re-accredited at the Grade “B” by NAAC, 2013
A Premier college in South 24 Parganas
Central Library and Information Centre of Sushil Kar College is the core learning resource of the college which plays a vital role in enhancing the quality of teaching-learning environment in the institution. The library covers near about 3000 sq. ft. of carpet area housed in the first floor of the main building. Total area of the library consists with a stack room, circulation section, a reading hall for the students, a separate reading section for the teaching staff, technical section and librarian’s chamber. The library has a wide collection of documents in the form of text book, reference books etc. to completion the knowledge and information hunt of the students, teachers and other staffs of the college.
Rules and regulations:
1. Library card is not transferable.
2. Library books will not be issued without presentation of library card.
3. Lost of library card should be reported immediately and lodge a General Diary (GD). A fresh one will be provide on payment of Rs.50.00/- (Rupees Fifty only).
4. Three (03) books are issued only at a time.
5. Book should be returned within 21days, otherwise a fine of Re.1 (Rupee One) will be charged per day.
6. Before filling up the university examination form all books must be returned.
7. Mark sheet /certificate of final examination will not be given if library books are not returned.
8. Do not write anything on the book/barcode sticker, otherwise a fine will be levid.
9. User must be bound to compensate for lost of books or damage of books.
10. Reference books will not be issued to anyone.
The faculty members of the college can also publish their research-oriented papers in the Sarvodaya: Journal of human development, published half-yearly by the college since 2017 .
Bengali employment newspaper:
Most of the department maintains a regularly update seminar library, an additional facility for the student of honours class to borrow reference books or text books.